This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Planche leans and PPU

Started by Mark Collins, November 15, 2013 · 5 Replies · 280 Views

Mark Collins

I am doing Planche leans and PPU. I get the feeling I won't get the PPP until I master Planche leans. I have been on PPP for 20-24 weeks(losing count) and am slowly getting better but am still on the first 4 week cycle. Is this the patience Coach was talking about? ;)

Has anyone got the PPP before Planche leans?

Guest

Just slowly increase the lean in your PPPU's, and then you will get your planche lean from that (unless you reach it first).

Christian

Me too on this. Leans and PPP develop together. I find the PPP comfortable just shy of my max 30 sec lean.

PrimalMove

I'll be starting PPP and Planche leans this coming week.
I've worked leans before but never as far as mastery requires it.

Adriano Augusto

In my case is the contrary. I started with Planche Leans on may, but I started with PPP recently.

 

I think the reason why I'm seeing progress on PPP is because the amount of planche leans that I have on my back; since May, every week with PL, week after week, trial and error, you know... A LOT! And of course, with Planche leans I got mastery 2 weeks ago but I'm on another and last minicycle to settle the strenght and to pass to elevated PL being comfortable.

 

I didn't know how important Planche leans are not just to develop strenght (upper back, arms, wrist) but body tension and awareness, that "hollow" that you've to keep each second... not too rounded, not too depressed... same things as with PPP. 

 

As I said in another thread, PPP is just a press up on a Planche Lean position. But first you've to UNDERSTAND, FEEL and put it together what a real Planche Lean is in order to progress adecuately with PPP.

 

As I say always remembering was Zach said once: "Planche leans are gold". And he's tremendously right. 

Mark Collins
Adriano Flo said:

In my case is the contrary. I started with Planche Leans on may, but I started with PPP recently.

 

I think the reason why I'm seeing progress on PPP is because the amount of planche leans that I have on my back; since May, every week with PL, week after week, trial and error, you know... A LOT! And of course, with Planche leans I got mastery 2 weeks ago but I'm on another and last minicycle to settle the strenght and to pass to elevated PL being comfortable.

 

I didn't know how important Planche leans are not just to develop strenght (upper back, arms, wrist) but body tension and awareness, that "hollow" that you've to keep each second... not too rounded, not too depressed... same things as with PPP. 

 

As I said in another thread, PPP is just a press up on a Planche Lean position. But first you've to UNDERSTAND, FEEL and put it together what a real Planche Lean is in order to progress adecuately with PPP.

 

As I say always remembering was Zach said once: "Planche leans are gold". And he's tremendously right.

I think that I will be similar to you. I have only been at the Planche leans for 5 weeks and they are helping my PPP a lot.