I have been feeling pain/discomfort in my elbows after doing mushroom circles. Has anyone had any experience with this? is this normal when starting circle work?
background info:
i started doing mushroom circles in august.
weekly workout routine:
2 sessions H1 PE1
1 session H1 wrist and mobility exercises only (no PE work)
2 gymnastics classes (i spend the vast majority of my time working on circles and tumbling, but I do spend a few minutes working on muscle ups and chin ups on the rings each class in order to work the pulling muscles. I often spend 30 to 60 minutes just working on circles.)
3 yoga sessions
1 leg calisthenic workout
1 or 2 sessions a week working on muscle ups on the straight bar (10 minutes work per session)
lots of walking
i think it might have something to do with the elbow being straight, and perhaps it is too much stress on the straightened elbow joint. i just fooled around with some handstands (therefore, my elbows were straight) and i felt pressure on the elbow joint again.
my hypothesis is that i should do a pushing workout in which i bend the elbow joint in order to strengthen the elbow joint. i think this is called bent arm strength?
tools: I have clubbells, paralletes, GMB's Parallettes 1 program, dip station at condo gym.
i'm considering doing GMB's "Parallettes 1 program" 1x per week to treat the problem. although it's going to be a real bitch finding time to do another workout every week. I already finished the first half of the program, so I have approximately 36 programmed workouts left in the program. the paralletes 1 program has a lot of different pushing exercises and you do bend the elbows a lot when doing this program.
or maybe i'll just do something less structured, like do a bunch of pushups and dips. that way, i don't have to set aside an hour to do the paralletes 1 program.
any thoughts? is this elbow pain normal when working circles?