This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How's my form - pseudo planche pushup

Started by Gehan Gonsalkorale, November 14, 2013 · 3 Replies · 201 Views

Gehan Gonsalkorale

Is my first rep is good enough? How about the hollow?

 

As the reps go on you can see my lean reduce and my protraction decrease

 

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/gp3mmsvets0p56u/09V50DTspw

 

Talking of scapula protraction, I find it quite hard to do when actually doing the movement. At the top I can see how you might protract again though. Any tips? 

 

Thanks,

Gehan

Guest

Looks good! Something to think about is doing them against a wall and not moving your hands or feet. You will be forced to maintain your lean.

 

You should let the scapulae do its normal movement pattern throughout this movement, or so I understand. If you can do it will 100% protraction, even at the bottom, you are very strong in pushing. However, you should just strive for a solid lean throughout the entire movement.

Gehan Gonsalkorale

I guess at the bottom of the movement you're naturally really far forward anyway, so just need to concentrate on protraction on the way up again to keep the lean?

 

I heard that a good way to protract is to try to lift you arms up against your head. Obviously you can't since your hands are on the floor, so instead it make you protract. I find it quite useful. What do you think of that? Any other tips for protraction?

 

Thanks guys! Will try against the wall too!!

Adriano Augusto
Gehan Gonsalkorale said:

I guess at the bottom of the movement you're naturally really far forward anyway, so just need to concentrate on protraction on the way up again to keep the lean?

 

I heard that a good way to protract is to try to lift you arms up against your head. Obviously you can't since your hands are on the floor, so instead it make you protract. I find it quite useful. What do you think of that? Any other tips for protraction?

 

Thanks guys! Will try against the wall too!!

 

Yes, a good tip: Insanely amount of planche leans ;) And then, you realise that PPP are just a press up in a Planche Lean position... but first, you' have to have a strong planche lean!