Hello all,
Managed to pull a muscle in my lower back the other day while doing Jefferson Curls; there's no bruising, but it hurts pretty bad. This has happened to me before in the past (I'm a computer scientist and have very poor posture, so very poor back ROM) while doing deadlifts (about 5 years ago in my poor form body building days). When it happened before I just kind of quit working out for about a year because I was afraid of reinjuring myself. Unfortunately I don't have a way to regularly get to physical therapy right now (live on campus in college), so I was hoping for some helpful guidelines as to what to do at this point. I did some searching on other posts, and I ran across a post where Joshua Naterman was giving advice to someone else involving a muscle strain where he recommended doing 8 weeks of rehab work followed by 4 months of sub-maximal workouts in order for the muscle to properly heal. This makes sense, and my general strategy at this point is to pick up with yoga in about a week or so (pending on how my back feels), and then start doing F1 again, after about 4-6 weeks of yoga, 3-4 days a week with a very low rep structure. Should I continue with some of the F1 exercises in order to keep my form during the next 4-6 weeks as well, and if so in what rep range? I definitely don't want to fall out of my routines I've had going for about 7 months now, but I also want to make sure I recover from this properly. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!