What's This Skill Called (Squat Roll)?

Started by jamesters, November 14, 2013 · 17 Replies · 4,918 Views

Bipocni

I dunno, but it looks like fun.

Alex Chubb

I'm not sure what it's called, but from my dance days, I think it's taken from Modern Dance. You might look there.

Handbalancer

I dont think it has a specific name. Few of the movements in modern and contemporary dance(other than the ones named in ballet) have names. I have done a lot of floorwork related contemporary dance and there are loads of rolls similar to that and I seldom hear any names on them.

jamesters
Handbalancer said:

I dont think it has a specific name. Few of the movements in modern and contemporary dance(other than the ones named in ballet) have names. I have done a lot of floorwork related contemporary dance and there are loads of rolls similar to that and I seldom hear any names on them.

Cool! That means we get to name it! Vote on these and the most votes wins!!!

 

- Lovely roll

- Cute roll

- Precious roll

- Pretty roll

- Sparkle roll

- Smooches roll

- Twinkle roll

- Glitter roll

- Sunshine roll

- Rainbow roll

- Gorgeous roll

- Kissy roll

Christian

Sparkle roll gets my vote :-)

Rayne-William

ummm.....a "Squat Roll." The video even calls it a squat roll.

Micawberian
GoldenEagle said:

ummm.....a "Squat Roll." The video even calls it a squat roll.

lol woah woah, looks like the joke police is here

I vote for kissy roll

Bipocni

I vote sparkle roll.

Cody

All of those names are so great, I just can't decide. :(

LateStarter@46

Precious roll :-)

aiken54

Side note on the Cossack dancers: Dat leg strength tho

 

New idea for a name: Artsy roll

Riku Calderón

I love the gayness of all the suggested names so it´s rainbow roll ;)

LateStarter@46

PRECIOUS!

 

 

:)

Bipocni
RiQC said:

I love the gayness of all the suggested names so it´s rainbow roll ;)

Okay lets take it the other way then.

 

- badass roll

- manly roll

- strength roll

- barbed wire roll

- bullet roll

- tank roll

- skull roll

- death roll

- awesome roll

- batman roll

- hardcore roll

- fire roll

- dragon roll

- lion roll

- russian roll

- combat roll     (wait I think that ones already taken)

 

Edit: Oh wait, I forgot pirate roll and ninja roll.

Bro'

Don't know if it should be called Batman roll, but we definitely need a move that has this name.

Riku Calderón
Bipocni said:

Okay lets take it the other way then.

 

- badass roll

- manly roll

- strength roll

- barbed wire roll

- bullet roll

- tank roll

- skull roll

- death roll

- awesome roll

- batman roll

- hardcore roll

- fire roll

- dragon roll

- lion roll

- russian roll

- combat roll     (wait I think that ones already taken)

 

Edit: Oh wait, I forgot pirate roll and ninja roll.

So Dragon it is!!