http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SMWUuVzTsI
Just wanting to start a conversation about some various topics.
As I watched this video I was inspired and completely jealous of this guy's freedom to pursue this lifestyle of training fully.
Some points I found awesome were that he's able to train 4 hours a day, 6 days a week, with 1 day off.
I know the vast majority of us struggle to get in even 3 days due to other duties in our lives.
This motivates me soo much to one day; I'd love to be able to train for that long of duration without work restrictions and the financial means to pay for that sort of freedom.
What I mean by that is having all the equipment that is standard for gymnasts without trying to compromise ways to train similarly left and right.
That and how most gymnasiums I've been too don't allow enough days for adults to train as its for children.
You're pretty much restricted to the 1 day a week for an open house for an hour..sometimes even less than that for relatively weak reasons. From my perspective, if I'm offering them money, each and every time to use their gym, will gladly sign any waivers for self responsibility for what happens to me out on the floor, completely respects the equipment...how do you say no to that?
(This is to say..its like this only in my city. I'm haven't observed other places out there with their adult policies.)
Some other things I took notice of is that this gentlemen is able to train for 6 days a week specifically for 4 hour sessions, which made me think; is this foundation series going to lead to the same volume level and frequency as this fellow if you wanted to train as much as he does? IS the potential there even right now without having the entire series out yet?
I know he had massages in between sessions when he actually did weight lifting for either strength training or conditioning depending on the day which ALSO included some sort of mobility drills he'd do as well during the timing of massages. (Sorta like how coach does things but to another level.)
I wonder if this is about the most optimized you can get with gymnastics + free weight training?
He had a very well rounded developed physique from obvious hypertrophy gains specifics to doing this sport due to strength, mobility, and power intertwined...
What do you guys think? I know I'm kinda jumping around a bit on some topics but it got me really intrigued at the potentials of it all.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Gold Medal Olympic Gymnast Epke Zonderland Has It Made
Started by strongyetagil3, November 13, 2013 · 0 Replies · 224 Views