I did many ring dips yesterday and at the time or immediately after I felt a soreness and compression around my sternum. I looked what it may be online and on body builders forums they said it hurt and it was fibers from the sturnum ripping. I am sure I was stupid and leaned too far forward and went down too far. Do you think that was the problem? As any one else experienced this?
Rings dips and chest
Started by arapahoepark, November 12, 2013 · 7 Replies · 4,785 Views
I don't have a lot of time right now, but I belelive this post addresses this.
When I first started doing dips it was pretty unconfortable in my sternum. Not really pain though.
I'm not sure if I should have kept going, but i did, and it went away after a few weeks.
BTW: Is there any sticky for a proper dip technique?
My strengh coach told me to to depress and retract the scapula all the time.
Is that correct for "gymnastics" dips, too?
Thanks and sorry for offtopic!
It's probably in here somewhere. ![]()
happened to me there is a thread here about it. Went away after a few days. Mine was no big deal mainly felt it with random movements and breathing
Patamo said:BTW: Is there any sticky for a proper dip technique?
My strengh coach told me to to depress and retract the scapula all the time.
Is that correct for "gymnastics" dips, too?
Thanks and sorry for offtopic!
Depress (push down motion), yes. Especially at the top of the range of motion to work the serratus anterior at the same time
Retract(Bring scapula together) yes. Especially through out the full range of motion.
You probably overstretched your muscles around the sternum