This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE2 Form Check

Started by Adriano Augusto, November 12, 2013 · 18 Replies · 549 Views

Adriano Augusto

Hello family,

 

Recently I passed Hinge Rows (yiiha) to PE2 and I want to know if my form is correct, because I've been troubles with ring set and high for the exercise. Maybe I found the correct "high" of the rings and positioning of my body, but I want to know your opinion.

 

Just 3 sets, of 5, 5, and 4. I was on deload.

 

A humble exercise... the pump on my back is a hell, but well, here we go.

 

 

Thanks a lot! 

Christian

Looks awesome! Like always.

Adriano Augusto

Thanks Christian. 

 

The thing is that '10 rep' barrier, 3/4 set, is a torture for my muscles, that endurance thing is a challenge... You want to do it fast, but you know that you shouldn't be fast, and keep the form and tempo perfect but... god.

 

And also ring set on F1's video is one thing and my ring set is another.... I was 45 minutes trying to figured out how put the rings height and my legs on the ground, seeing that athlete's video put the ring on his chest, and I couldn't... at the end I found a quality height and started to do the thing.

 

I remember when I started F1 that I did mastery on this exercise, and now I try to remember how was that... I suppose that it was like with Pseudo Plache PU: I thought that I did mastery, but actually I didn't real mastery. 

 

Well, time to adap to a new stimulus :D

 

Thanks again!

TANSTAAFL

Looks pretty spot on with the reference video. Can't wait to get past these damn awful...I mean gloriously enlightening hinge rows.

 

As far as speed, you could probably go a little faster IMO. As long as there is no bounce or momemtum, it has been stated in a previous thread that you can go faster than the reference videos as long as you are controlled.

Christian

Yeah, It's been said that the speed in the videos are to show form and not the speed with which the exercise needs to be performed. This is of course NOT to say rush through it, the reps need to be controlled and full ROM. Tempo becomes more of an issue when you get to 5 reps.

 

From the Foundation F.A.Q by Cory:

Do I need to emulate the tempo in every exercise?

Yes and no. As long as you are displaying control, exercising full range-of-motion and not relying on momentum at any point, you may complete reps at a comfortable pace for you. For elements requiring 5x5 for mastery, a pause at the top of each rep may be used to kill your momentum and ensure complete control.

Adriano Augusto

Thanks guys, it really help see other's opinion. Tempo thing is totally right on this particular exercise. Thanks for explain it, it's something to considering on high rep PE like this and I forgot at all.

m6shifter

In the video he only goes to top of shoulder. Also looks like your pulling in a little more than the video. Your versions is a little harder . I do it like the video which is not pulled further into chest. Which way is correct. This 1 should have a little leeway like hinge row I can guarantee everyone does that different too.

LateStarter@46

You have an impressive physique, I was mesmerized while watching and totally forgot to critique!

Riku Calderón
LateStarter@46 said:

You have an impressive physique, I was mesmerized while watching and totally forgot to critique!

This

Seoulpower

Is anyone having difficulty with the (RC/PE2>iM)  Bent Sideways Lat Stretches?  I seem to be putting more of the weight on my shoulder cuff or something, cause my shoulders feel like they are taking the brunt of the stretch and then afterwards it doesn't feel good on my shoulder.  maybe I'm extending to low or something.  I'll have to play around with it.

Mark Collins
LateStarter@46 said:

You have an impressive physique, I was mesmerized while watching and totally forgot to critique!

Same. Those erector spinal remind me of a Christmas tree!

Joakim Anderson

How are the sets/reps coming along?

Adriano Augusto

I'm on deload week right now with 5x8; a rest. The problem is mastery sets, I get an incredible pump on my back that I never felt before. But I think that in 1/2 more mastery attempts I'll get it. I just have to build that strenght-endurance without lose form.

 

I guess that I'll progress through RC progresssions more quickly now because of Hinge Rows; it really teach you how to engage your scapula to do the movement, and rest of the progressions are just more complex in regards of leverage, but in essense is the same. Spent too months with Hinge Rows are worth it :D

Adriano Augusto

Nonsense; or maybe not. 

 

4x12 in this exercise: it has even happened? I don't feel any trouble, pace tempo and perfect form each rep. I know, mastery are 5x15, but its strange because last time I tried 4x12 was a lot of harder, and now has been effortless. 

 

Sometimes I got totally impressed with how works this program.

 

I don't know how it will be mastery week and its incredible pump in my back, but I'll update my progres.

Adriano Augusto

Hi family!

 

I just want to know if my tempo is right, according Cory's recomendations about tempo.

 

 

4x12 this week. Pretty pretty easy, I must say. And I think I'm not really fast because I kill the momentum and go full hang from the rings and then pull. Besides I''ve tried to not go further into my chest.

 

Thanks!

m6shifter

where is the IM on that. Thats the killer my arms feel like noodles after the IM  lol. Looks better than the first  video in my opinion.

Adriano Augusto

I didn't recorded the iM because I don't see any flaws on it after recorded. Actually it's pretty easy regarding to FORM but I'm agree with you It's a killer and even more if you breathe on your lats and pull them to you all the times.  

Christian

Looks good. Full control all the way.

emilianop

Looks great!

 

I notice you do a bit of protraction at the bottom end of the movement, I couldn't spot that on the reference video.

Not saying that it's wrong, it actually looks like making things harder (hence better?), I wanna give it a try tomorrow! :)