This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F2 Rope Climb Pull-ups

Started by ChrisUK, November 11, 2013 · 6 Replies · 300 Views

ChrisUK

Hey guys,

 

For the rope climb F2 elements it is all about pull-ups. I am really good at them, and have been chasing after the one-arm chin for a while, so I have passed all the pull-up preparatory elements (I did not test the iM for a specific reason), and the only ones I did not pass were the ones with rings. 

 

So my question is this, can I switch the normal pull-ups for their ring versions and make all the F2 Rope climb elements ring pull-ups instead of normal ones, to increase the difficulty? Or would this not be advisable?

 

Thanks,

 

Chris.

Alessandro Mainente

You need to pass all the IM elements. The risk to pass over is increase the gap between mobility and strength. And this is not the purpose of F series.

ChrisUK

Oh, I didn't do the integrated mobility because I plan on doing all the F2 elements and the iM. I am asking if it is ok to merely substitute the pull-up bar for rings to increase the PE difficulty. 

 

So I would still be going through each PE and iM element as normal, the only difference being ring pull-ups instead of bar pull-ups.

 

I'm sorry for explaining that badly the first time. ;-)

Daniel Burnham

I've never thought rings increased difficulty of pull-ups. In fact they are usually easier for me because my hands and arms gravitate towards the easiest position.

Christian

Also, I even find the L sit pullups on rings the easiest compared to bar with either grip. It lets you rotate the grip and cover up weak spots. How it feels for me anyways.

Joshua Slocum

Rings shine in difficulty when your weight is above them because of the instability. When your weight is below the rings, they don't really add much to the difficulty of most skills. 

 

If you find the pullups too easy in F2, my recommendation is to work really hard at the iM elements so you can get through them efficiently and move on to harder work. 

Murray Truelove

Not sure how it's viewed as part of the Foundation series but why not just add weight - a rucksack with a few weights in or a belt threaded through a few plates? As others have said the difficulty moving to rings isn't significant. Maybe Just use the most difficult PE and pair it with whatever IM you're stuck with - again I'm no sure if Coach would approve, the PE and IM have been paired purposefully.