Any tips would be appreciated. I do not do straddle planche work anymore and I know the form is not ideal. I included in this video to show how long I could hold (sort of). I am currently working on the basics with tuck planche ![]()
Started by Dan Jeong, November 10, 2013 · 6 Replies · 3,893 Views
Any tips would be appreciated. I do not do straddle planche work anymore and I know the form is not ideal. I included in this video to show how long I could hold (sort of). I am currently working on the basics with tuck planche ![]()
I wouldn't train the planche on rings just yet, you're clearly not ready for that. Your back lever looks pretty good, but you arch slightly, try to pike in your hips a bit to neutralize that. Front lever is slightly piked and you could retract your scapula a bit more.
Wow you're stronger in your planche as compared to FL haha. How long have u been stretching your front split? Getting real close there
Yaad Mohammad said:I wouldn't train the planche on rings just yet, you're clearly not ready for that. Your back lever looks pretty good, but you arch slightly, try to pike in your hips a bit to neutralize that. Front lever is slightly piked and you could retract your scapula a bit more.
Why do you think I am not ready to train on the rings yet? Just curious. I only recently started training tuck planche on rings and I actually find this to be way more fun than training on the parallettes. Thanks for the critique.
SomeBigBear said:Wow you're stronger in your planche as compared to FL haha. How long have u been stretching your front split? Getting real close there
Yeah I've been training for planche for a while but I only started training for the FL about month ago.
I don't really actively stretch a lot anymore but it took me about 3 months of intense stretching (5hrs+ per week) to comfortably get to that point
Dan Jeong said:Why do you think I am not ready to train on the rings yet? Just curious. I only recently started training tuck planche on rings and I actually find this to be way more fun than training on the parallettes. Thanks for the critique.
Yeah I've been training for planche for a while but I only started training for the FL about month ago.
I don't really actively stretch a lot anymore but it took me about 3 months of intense stretching (5hrs+ per week) to comfortably get to that point
Two reasons:
1. Bad form: look at your scapula positioning and hand position.
2. It is recommended to get a solid straddle planche before you train the planche on rings.
Dan Jeong said:Yeah I've been training for planche for a while but I only started training for the FL about month ago.
I don't really actively stretch a lot anymore but it took me about 3 months of intense stretching (5hrs+ per week) to comfortably get to that point
Oh thats pretty quick, did u stretch everyday or rest like on the weekends?
SomeBigBear said:Oh thats pretty quick, did u stretch everyday or rest like on the weekends?
I didn't have a set schedule but I took a day off every 2~3 days of stretching