impossible isometric exercises

Started by fry, November 9, 2013 · 21 Replies · 12,527 Views

fry

Hey guys, 

I want to know if anybody knows really hard and crazy isometric exercises especially on rings. I don't mean things like iron cross or planche. I mean things that are even as hard or harder then lets say victorian.
I hope you can help me.

Thanks :)

Guest

An impossible one is Manna.

 

A crazy one is a high victorian, but barely above the rings, because then it would become like a manna, just layed out.

 

Not isometric, but an inverted butterfly.

 

Close to impossible (Just kidding!!! :D )

Sailor Venus

inverted cross

Cody
Sailor Venus said:

inverted cross

You're kidding, right?
Guest
Sailor Venus said:

inverted cross

:facepalm:

Jon Douglas

What's the matter, inverted cross too easy fo you guys? :P falling asleep while training it and need something harder? :P

FredInChina
Awarenesss said:

(...) Close to impossible (Just kidding!!! :D )

 

Darn, beaten to it! :D

B1214N

One arm victorian

Cody
B1214N said:

One arm victorian

One arm close to impossible hahaha
Christian

German HS. (imagine a german hang inverted) maybe technically a super high manna.

Jon Douglas
Christian said:

(imagine a german hang inverted)

I CAN'T SPELL THAT >.<

fry

Thanks for all your posts, I got a few inspirations and you can get photos of me doing these exercises. . . maybe in 4 years or so. . . :D

seiyafan

someone mentioned a 1-arm handstand before. 

Bipocni

Yeah a manna is actually impossible.  I can't remember the reason for it, but it was a good one.

 

Inverted cross press to handstand is pretty ridiculous, if you want something that's actually possible (I've heard, I've never actually seen it.)

 

Pelicans....

 

Who thinks a maltese or victorian would be possible with the hands in line with the shoulders?

Guest

Pelican video (last progression):

 

Maltese/victorian is impossible due to center of gravity being towards the hips. You could do it if you're feet were supported or had a counterweight from your head.

 

Manna is impossible because you are also pushing back, not just down. The rings would be pushed out of your way.

Joshua Slocum
Awarenesss said:

Manna is impossible because you are also pushing back, not just down. The rings would be pushed out of your way.

This is incorrect. If you apply a horizontal force to the floor, the floor applies a horizontal force to you, which means you begin moving. Since the manna is a static position, you necessarily are not applying a horizontal force to the floor. 

 

The manna may be impossible on rings, but if it is, it is due to kinesthetic reasons, not fundamental physics. 

Guest

Okay, just recalling what a previous poster said from bad memory. Thanks Joshua.

B1214N
Bipocni said:

Who thinks a maltese or victorian would be possible with the hands in line with the shoulders?

You mean arms kept in towards the body? If so, then I've seen a victorian on PB like that and I've also seen a maltese sort of like that too.

Cody
B1214N said:

You mean arms kept in towards the body? If so, then I've seen a victorian on PB like that and I've also seen a maltese sort of like that too.

I think he means like an iron cross, but in maltese/victorian position.

B1214N
Cody said:

I think he means like an iron cross, but in maltese/victorian position.

Oh, then that would be impossible unless you have enough counter-weight on your head.

Oldrich Polreich

I wanted to suggest Tkatchev on rings, then i read "isometric"...well then...Tkatchev stopped in cross.

patoto
Cody said:

One arm close to impossible hahaha

0:59