This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thanks

Started by Fredrik, November 9, 2013 · 1 Replies · 104 Views

Fredrik

Hi all,

This is a short thank thank you to coach Summer and the forum people in general.

Thank you for opening my eyes and and laying out a path I can follow to a better working body.

I used to be pretty fit and strong, served in a special military unit and could shake off an injury like a common cold. I've had a dysfunctional shoulder for many years( enlarged and calcified tendon) and always had a nagging feeling that something was not quite right with my back, but willpower and just being fit allowed me to let these issues remain in the background. Until my back finally said enough and gave out while just playing on the beach, (large herniated disc and lost all feeling in one leg)

This was 4,5 years ago and I've pretty much tried everything short of surgery to get a well functioning body again, but only got temporary pain relief. I've played with the GST during this time as loaded barbells have been out of the question and have retained a bit of strength, but movement quality have steadily been getting worse.

Two weeks ago I committed to starting F1 and H1 and to be honest shook my head at it when I got to incline push-ups, what was I supposed to to with this program a I use ring dips as a spinal deload exercise? Then the mobility drills had me eating a large serving og humble pie. And the light clicked on.

Now my goal is to move like a gymnast, with ease and controll, never mind the strength and the looks.

So thank you for introducing me to Gymnastic Mobility Training!

This the most I've ever written online, but then in two weeks of purely focusing on quality of movement with the mobility drills I've seen better rehabilitation of both back and shoulder than the previous 4 years of various efforts.

Jennifer

The wonderful thing about humble pie is that eating it allows you to move forward.