This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

managing expectations... when to test out

Started by Dave H, November 9, 2013 · 4 Replies · 291 Views

Dave H

I've just started the hand stand program.  I can do a hand stand and get a decent line and find balance but I need the wall to kick up, not fully confident to just do it free...manly because I dont sense myself falling until its too late....

 

that being said I've stated right at the base level and I just tested out for 5x60sec tripod

rather than wait the full 12wks... is that what I should do when I think I can do it?

 

when I do the math if I ran the 12 wks for everything it's like 5.5yrs of work to get a 2min free handstand

 

thoughts?

ausswe

Always test mastery of an exercise and its im before you start. If you master the first one the try the next and next and so on until you get to one you can't master. It must be mastery not some half ass form held for the required time or anything. I just finished pe2 for h1 and tested mastery for the next few exercises and am now on pe5 instead of pe3. Having mastered the other elements on first try.

Bipocni

Yeah always attempt to test out mastery when you move onto a new element.

 

I'm guessing you're going to be running into a wall with the mobility elements fairly soon.

Cory Fair
Dave H said:

when I do the math if I ran the 12 wks for everything it's like 5.5yrs of work to get a 2min free handstand

Read the text carefully, the progressions are only the possible steps one needs to achieve the end goals. Not everyone will need a full 12 weeks to master an element; and very few individuals will need to train each and every progression along the way (let alone x12 weeks). If you've mastered a step and its associated iM, then it is time to move to the next step. :)
Dave H

Just making sure.... thanks for the help guys...