This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Introduction

Started by ~Atticus, November 9, 2013 · 4 Replies · 86 Views

~Atticus

Hello Foundationers,

 

Just a quick note here introducing myself after having enrolled in the F1 and H1 courses.

 

A little bit about myself.

 

43-years-old.

 

Male.

 

Reside in the greater Washington DC area.

 

Running and rowing had been main sports activities between 2000 and 2008.

 

Injured my ACL while running on a treadmill in 2008 and stopped running to let injury heal.

 

Picked up yoga to fill the void.

 

Have now practiced Bikram yoga for about 4 years.

 

Found the Foundation Series, and this forum, while I was browsing the web looking for information about pseudo planche pushups.

 

Intrigued by what I saw, I decided to give both series a go.

 

I don't really have any specific goals, besides getting stronger and possibly seeing how far my constant practice can take me.

 

Plan on doing this (GST) for a very long time.

 

So far, things are moving along okay, although I have had to learn a lot of new terms.

 

For example, prior to September of this year, I had never heard of such terms as "maltese," "iron cross," and so forth. So my vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds :-)

 

That's it for now.

 

Thanks for reading this into.

 

 

 

Ravn

Welcome!

Richard Hamilton

Welcome! Have fun with the courses :)

Joakim Anderson

Welcome!

Bipocni
~Atticus said:

For example, prior to September of this year, I had never heard of such terms as "maltese," "iron cross," and so forth. So my vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds :-)

I've been there.  I remember when I could barely name a major muscle group, and now I'm coming close to understanding how scapula work... (I don't know that I'll ever finish that one)

 

Welcome to the forum!