This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PP push ups / ABH form check

Started by VegVeg, November 7, 2013 · 5 Replies · 190 Views

Joshua Slocum

Your hips are piked in the PPU: make sure they're straight. 

 

Your knees are bent in the ABH; they have to be straight. Also I can't tell from the video, but you need to make sure your feet are touching as well. You'd also benefit from a bit more ROM overall. 

howens

I believe you are also supposed to look forward in the abh not toward the ground.

dritar

A cue that may help you with the knees bending is to make yourself longer as in pushing legs away from the body. Doing a sort of hollow before going into ABH may help you get that feeling.

 

This cue is discussed to more detail in here https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/10481-slpe1-arch-body-hold-abh/page-17.

 

It helped me get a tighter leg line and not bend the knees.

Eddie

For the PPP, take your shoes off and point your toes such that the top of your foot touches the ground not the ball of your foot. You can't use your feet to help you. I like wearing socks on a smooth surface, it's so much harder! Flex your legs really really hard with the toe point and eliminate the pike in the hips.

Mark Collins

This is a cruel exercise.i have been at this for 20 weeks and am still on the first 4 week cycle. I am too piked and feet are not pointing as well.

Bring on the bench dips!