Hi guys,
I know that this issue has already been discussed, but i think this topic could be interesting.
I researched for a long time how is the correct position of forearm when in support, l sit and during a dip. According to the basic rule, during the RTO support and l sit the forearm shouldn't touch the ring, but i found a lot of photos and videos where this rule isn't respected even by gymnasts and not only by amateurs. For example there is this picture: http://i.imgur.com/0IshbzV.jpg
or this video: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R5yGlix5YFE
So could it be considered an error? Or it's allowed? And during a dip it's allowed that the forearm touches the ring?
I think the fact of touching or not also depends by the type of false grip. Many people use an exaggerated grip, with the wrist over the ring; i think this video explains clearly the correct false grip: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=imASt9Pp5UI
So, dear friends, what do you think about this topic? Hope you can help me ![]()