straddle/pike press to handstand

Started by Petr Dlabac, November 6, 2013 · 2 Replies · 1,967 Views

Petr Dlabac

hi,

I would like to know your opinion on my straddle and pike press to handstand. Ending hs looks worse than my normal hs at least i think, because of all the concentration on press. But I know it needs a lot of improvement.

 

 

 

I´m working on both but not somehow specificaly. Everytime I get in hs I´m trying do it with press and also negative. Also some warmup and strech helps with compression, I see now that it´s definitely not perfect. But pike press was sort of a dream until 2 weeks when I tried and here it was.

Thanks

Daniel Burnham

Yea. The handstand itself needs some work. From

My angle the hands are a but wide. Also you have a planched angle. This means you are holding the handstand more in your chest. You need to extend through the shoulders completely. This should be the first action of the press.

Also your compression is lacking. Open shoulders and compression go hand in hand (no pun intended).

All in all not to bad. I would work on the things I mentioned. It will make it easier to do consecutive presses and art you up to do more difficult presses like stalder and l press.

DiTi

you are not opening your shoulders while holding a handstand.i d say work on shoulder mobility

u can try some shoulder dislocations