This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Suggestions

Started by PrimalMove, November 6, 2013 · 5 Replies · 200 Views

PrimalMove

So, last week I was able to complete the mastery for ABR and mobility. Over the last few days I was able to execute mastery on the other SLPE's and iM's. I can't afford F2 yet so curious as to anything I can do while the rest of my F1 movements catch up, and I can fit F2 into my budget?

Keilani Gutierrez

I know you wouldn't lose anything by reinforcing the basics(especially ABR) you could do headstand leg raises in straddle or pike in the mean time, you could work on your straddle flexibility as an iM perhaps?

CraigR
Hey PrimalMove, 

 

First, how is your ROM on all the F1 movements?  The best use of your time might be to simply work on improving your ROM.

 

Another option is to make the F1 movements harder by manipulating the tempo and/or the load.  So you could work back through the F1 movements using a deliberately slower tempo or by adding a small additional weight.

 

You could also choose to maintain your current SL ability and allow your body to dedicate more of it's recovery capacity to improving your other movements.
PrimalMove

Thank you both. Since I'm behind on RC, FL( the statics kill me), and sPL, I've been going back through the beginning at much slower tempos. My eccentric times are around 5-8seconds on the presses, and I'm increasing weight and such by using a weight vest. As for the straddle, I've been using ankle weights for straddle ups, and my V ups. I also thought about going back and doing the same thing through the rest of of F1 when I've completed it. Would that work? I'll probably be in basic by the time I catch everything up, but by then I'll also be able to afford F2 and a seminar.

CraigR

Nice work, it sounds like you're already on the right track.

 

Whether your plan works or not depends entirely on your goals but further strengthening the basics is never a bad idea.  I think you will eventually hit a point of diminishing returns though where you'll be best served by moving onto harder and more complex movements.

 

Have you posted videos to ensure your form is solid and you're performing all the movements correctly?

PrimalMove
CraigR said:

Nice work, it sounds like you're already on the right track.

 

Whether your plan works or not depends entirely on your goals but further strengthening the basics is never a bad idea.  I think you will eventually hit a point of diminishing returns though where you'll be best served by moving onto harder and more complex movements.

 

Have you posted videos to ensure your form is solid and you're performing all the movements correctly?

I have for the movements that I was in question about. I recorded all the movements I've completed thus far and they were about 99% close to the videos. I know I don't have the equipment for some of the stuff so I had to adjust to make it work...

As for some other ideas, what do you think about using elbow levers off a bleacher step or somewhere high up enough to do my leg hip extensions? In theory i could use this to no only increase my straddle planche medial glute/hip mobility, but also my side lever strength.