This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Windmills Critique Needed

Started by dynamo, November 6, 2013 · 4 Replies · 194 Views

Ravn

Not bad, but I'd work on two things:

 

Getting the shoulders stacked vertically on top of each other at the bottom of the lift, which means rotating the torso further (this is difficult, dealing with this myself).

 

The arm supporting the weight is not vertical. You can get away with this because you are using a light weight. Try upping the weight to something that is moderately difficult for you, and you will notice that you will have to control the weight much more rigorously. In my experience, heavier weights promote better form due to the added attention required, plus the stretch is under a heavier load. Loaded stretches are good!

federicoC

maybe you can also consider placing your back foot further behind the front one. I found this helps in creating a "hole" where to reach at bottom position.

dynamo
Ravn said:

Not bad, but I'd work on two things:

 

Getting the shoulders stacked vertically on top of each other at the bottom of the lift, which means rotating the torso further (this is difficult, dealing with this myself).

 

The arm supporting the weight is not vertical. You can get away with this because you are using a light weight. Try upping the weight to something that is moderately difficult for you, and you will notice that you will have to control the weight much more rigorously. In my experience, heavier weights promote better form due to the added attention required, plus the stretch is under a heavier load. Loaded stretches are good!

Thanks for the advice.  I'll work on it.

dynamo
federicoC said:

maybe you can also consider placing your back foot further behind the front one. I found this helps in creating a "hole" where to reach at bottom position.

Thanks, I'll experiment w/ this.