HSPU Form Check

Started by jaz, November 5, 2013 · 14 Replies · 2,725 Views

jaz

Hello GB guys,

 

I'd like to have a form check for HSPU, I've been playing with it for a bit after the Foundation routine and I think my vertical press has improved consistently

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAGtRIYrLCE

Joshua Slocum

Those are looking quite good: nice body line. The only major issue is that you don't reach full-extension and balance at the end. 

Prometheus

On an aside to this since you guys know what you are doing: To get as close to a freestanding HSPU as you can using the wall, would you face the wall or away?

Daniel Burnham

I used back to wall but want relying on the wall to hold me. I think stomach to wall would work fine. Just can't be too close because elbows would hit.

yuri marmerstein

Not bad

 

Try to make the movement smoother.  You lower down in pulses and rush the way up

Cody
Prometheus said:

On an aside to this since you guys know what you are doing: To get as close to a freestanding HSPU as you can using the wall, would you face the wall or away?

Facing the wall would be best. Wrists should be about 6" away from the wall.
jaz

Thank you very much for your replies ! I'm going to take your remarks into account and I'll post a second video when I'm ready

Prometheus

Thanks guys~. Keep the good work jaz.

MT Nordic

very nice. I think your form looks great and it makes me very jealous :)  Time for you to start working reps.

Christian

Agree with Nordic, but add more jealousy. One day ill post a vid like that :-)

Christian

Agree with Nordic, but add more jealousy. One day ill post a vid like that :-)

Ravn

Damn, that looks nice, I feel pathetic struggling with negative HeSPU's. Well, no, but it's a very slow and sometimes frustrating process. How much harder do you perceive HSPU to be in comparison to HeSPU?

Alessandro Mainente

the motion is good, no shaking. you need to fix the shoulders angle and maintain more ppt.

jaz

Thank's guys but the work is never over :)

I can't totally open the shoulders angle on parrallete bars wheras I can on floor, what can be the reason ?

As for ppt during HS, it is my biggest fight

@Ravn

It's hard to say, I'd compare HeSPU with standard pushup and HSPU with pppu