This is an amazing article about an 18 year old who set the 12 hour nonstop world record for pullups
http://www.recordholders.org/en/list/ch ... trong.html
At first I said to myself, he MUST be kipping.
That is impossible because he is very young and ....its just impossible.
One could say he had genetics on his side, but I don't believe that someone could go so far mearly with "good genes"
Ever since I was in 7th grade I was obssesed with endurance training because I watched these crazy cartoons with the protagonist doing thousands of pull ups and push ups.
My questions are:
How do you train for such a feat?
Is it possible for an average person to put on that many reps for a certain exercise?
How do you build high endurance (say for push ups and pull ups)?
Does massive strength directly correlate to massive reps in an easier exercise (from planche push ups to normal push ups)?
After I read BGB I started to not care about endurance and focus more on strength.
I secretly still want to do a 1000 push ups, but I value a 10 second planche more than 1000 pushups.
pce,
-kombat