This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE7 - How to get in position?

Started by mm356, November 4, 2013 · 10 Replies · 500 Views

mm356

So next week I'm to start SL/PE7 - Reverse leg lift.  While the video makes the exercise look pretty straightforward, one thing was noticeably missing - how the heck do I get in that position to start the exercise in the first place?  :unsure:

 

I've got stall bars, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out a good way to get suspended upside down on that thing.  Probably just me missing something totally and blatantly obvious, but how do you guys do it?

 

 

Joshua Slocum

Watch how the athlete comes down; do the reverse of that. 

Eric Baum
Joshua Slocum said:

Watch how the athlete comes down; do the reverse of that. 

I would recommend putting a pillow under your head for the first try, just an extra safety =D

Christian

^ with his profile pic, I would listen.

Eric Baum
Christian said:

^ with his profile pic, I would listen.

Haha =D

 

It's not the best sensation when you are upside down and feel your hand slipping out of the bar.

Mats Trane
mm356 said:

So next week I'm to start SL/PE7 - Reverse leg lift.  While the video makes the exercise look pretty straightforward, one thing was noticeably missing - how the heck do I get in that position to start the exercise in the first place?  :unsure:

 

I've got stall bars, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out a good way to get suspended upside down on that thing.  Probably just me missing something totally and blatantly obvious, but how do you guys do it?

Like this:

 

mm356
Mats Trane said:

Like this:

 

 

That was great - thanks Mats.  I think it's just one of those things where it'll just feel natural once you actually do it, but initially your sense of direction gets all screwed up when you bend over.  Now this is essentially doing the dismount backwards as Joshua mentioned, but easier for me to visualize.

 

And I'll most definitely put me a pillow under there to start!  :)

Kasper Stangerup

In the video, the athletes grip is the reverse of Trane's. I don't know if it matters much, but it is a little easier to get hold of the bars that way (ie. as in the official video).

Suzanna McGee

@Mats Trane, does it matter that your grip is reversed than the athlete in the demo video? Is it a reason for that? Just curious… I am watching all these reverse leg lifts videos and preparing myself mentally for the future :)

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

For SL/PE7 stall bars are not needed, you just need something to rest your upper torso on.  SL/PE9 needs stall bars.

Mats Trane

@Suzanna McGee use the grip like the athelite in the course video. That one is easier on your biceps.