This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PE vs. SE?

Started by adrial, November 4, 2013 · 2 Replies · 287 Views

adrial

Hey all!

 

I'm sure this is asked a lot, but I can't find it anywhere I search. I just got Handstand One and was wondering what the difference is between PE and SE? Why do you do one or the other, but not both? Can you point me to a place to read up on this so I can set up my routine? Thanks all! Really excited! 

Joshua Slocum

PE = "preparatory exercise"

SE = "specific exercise"

 

 

The PE's are designed to help you develop the strength and mobility that you will need to fruitfully work on the SE's.

The SE's are exercises that are working directly towards the skill you're trying to learn. 

 

In Handstand one, for example, the PE's are focused primarily on building shoulder strength and range of motion. You have exercises like shoulder flexion pulses, foot-supported handstands and handstand wall runs to help you get to the point where you can easily reach full shoulder extension in a handstand position and support your weight for quite some time. The SE's that follow are all about developing your balancing abilities.