Hi all,
You know that burning sensation you get when you do an exercise? Is that normal or does it mean the week you have chosen is too advanced for you current abilities?
Thanks in advance.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Guest, November 3, 2013 · 6 Replies · 212 Views
Hi all,
You know that burning sensation you get when you do an exercise? Is that normal or does it mean the week you have chosen is too advanced for you current abilities?
Thanks in advance.
Is that a strength thing or a mobility cramp? ![]()
No just for strength exercises, particularly when I do scapula shrugs my shoulders burn.
Hmm, in the case of scap shrugs that could very easily be just a symptom of the shoulders and whatnot mobilising. I would monitor it, but unless you have a history of injury I would generally not worry too much about it.
That's provided this is stretching/cramping burn, not HOLY CRAP MY SHOULDERS ARE SEPARATING type pain.
How often are you training the movement? Getting plenty of recovery time between sessions?
Sounds like lactic acid. It's normal with exercises at the right intensity for longer periods of time under tension.
Jon Douglas said:Hmm, in the case of scap shrugs that could very easily be just a symptom of the shoulders and whatnot mobilising. I would monitor it, but unless you have a history of injury I would generally not worry too much about it.
That's provided this is stretching/cramping burn, not HOLY CRAP MY SHOULDERS ARE SEPARATING type pain.
How often are you training the movement? Getting plenty of recovery time between sessions?
I'm doing scapular shrugs twice a week at the moment. I'm doing a 4 day split (F7 twice a week and H1 twice a week). I don't have any history of injury so...I think it could be lactic acid as PrimalMove has said.
Jamez said:I'm doing scapular shrugs twice a week at the moment. I'm doing a 4 day split (F7 twice a week and H1 twice a week). I don't have any history of injury so...I think it could be lactic acid as PrimalMove has said.
That sort of thing, most likely. If you experience sharp pain then re-orient, but occasional discomfort and/or cramping is totally normal
you learn to love it