Training in London

Started by Adrien Godet, February 27, 2009 · 7 Replies · 3,488 Views

Adrien Godet

Let me take the opportunity of this topic to introduce myself, Adrien, and thank everyone involved on this forum for sharing their passion of the sport. I have had a lot of fun training and made a lot of progress thanks to you guys.

I am going to relocate to London soon from Tokyo where I was training in my home gym, but I probably won't have as much space once I move. So I have started looking for gymnastic clubs in London but I could find only places for kids.

It seems most of the people on this forum train alone in general gyms with some gymnastic equipment. Coming back to a country without language barrier, I was hoping to find some kind of (adult) gymnastic enthusiast community.

Any of you with some insight?

Thanks

Ricky Dawson

In north London there is an adult rec class in Hendon. I attended for about a year before work made it impossible. Excellent coachs and some great trickers/stunts people get down there. Highly reccomend if you can make it.

Nearest tube is Brent Cross if i can remember correctly!

Ricky, London, England.

Ricky Dawson

hey George - Yes that is the one. Didn't know it had a website!!!

George Launchbury

@Ricky

Cool. I might head around there and check it out (after my broken ankle heals). Even though I live out in Oxfordshire, it's near enough to work to be viable once in a while.

@Adrien

If you stumble across it online, the Heathrow Gymnastics' adult class isn't really a class per se, but is a large facility which allows adults to use one of the gyms on a Monday night. I've only been the once, and there was a led warm-up after which it was pretty much get on with your own stuff. Might be useful to you, but I was looking more for some kind of tuition.

Cheers,

George.

gymrob

Adrien,

You could try Europa Gym in Erith which is just outside of London. There are two adult classes a week I think. I used to a go a lot and very much enjoyed it.

http://www.europagymnastics.com/

Adrien Godet

Thanks guys for the good tips, I will try out the 3 locations you indicated and post my feedback here.

And hopefully see you there sometime.

Gregor

Search for club pegasus,...I don't know if they have any adult classes,..