This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

ABH form check and introduction

Started by Duff, November 1, 2013 · 7 Replies · 283 Views

Duff

So, here is my attempt at this notorious exercise.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JprTIK9eBw8

 

My knees are locked and my feet are together and toes pointed, but it isn't visible on the video. I don't feel it a lot in my low back, I feel it more in the quads and the hamstrings. Is that correct?

 

And a little background on me:

 

I have a little bit of training in martial arts, but this is my first time doing structured strength training(I don't count that one month I spent doing Stronglifts ;) ). Currently I'm on a 3 day schedule, Mon/Fri F1, Wed H1. So far I like the program a lot and I can't wait to get to the more advanced and the cooler stuff. But, first things first, ergo the form check  :P .

 

P.S.: I hope the music isn't annoying, I used it to cover the background noise.

 

P.P.S.: Oh, and is possible to embed a video?

MarcinTrybalski

Welcome on the F1 boat :) In my eyes your form looks fine beside the fact that you are looking down. Try to keep your head up. Of course the hold is a little bit unstable but that`s just the beginning, isn`t it ;) I think the proper activation of the glutes and hamstrings is essential in this exercice so it´s normal to feel it right there. That`s what i heard to far. Good luck with your training!

Joshua Slocum

If nothing else, great avatar, Hiro.  B-)

 

One thing that's not visible in the video that you need to be sure of: your feet should be touching each other. 

Duff
MarcinTrybalski said:

Welcome on the F1 boat :) In my eyes your form looks fine beside the fact that you are looking down. Try to keep your head up. Of course the hold is a little bit unstable but that`s just the beginning, isn`t it ;) I think the proper activation of the glutes and hamstrings is essential in this exercice so it´s normal to feel it right there. That`s what i heard to far. Good luck with your training!

Thanks, I'll keep my head up  ;)

 

Joshua Slocum said:

If nothing else, great avatar, Hiro.  B-)

 

One thing that's not visible in the video that you need to be sure of: your feet should be touching each other. 

Haha, I just read the book a month ago and I couldn't think of anything better  :P. Maybe I should change my username too.

 

And the feet are touching, I just can't get a wide enough camera angle in my room.

FredInChina
Duff said:

So, here is my attempt at this notorious exercise.

 

Did you mean nefarious? B-)

Duff
FredInChina said:

Did you mean nefarious? B-)

I have stronger words in my vocabulary, I just thought they would be inappropriate  :P

federicoC

doesn't look bad. I for example tend to loose my form over the hold. I always loose the arch in my trunk, the legs could stay there for way longer. Try not to move once in position.

Duff
federicoC said:

doesn't look bad. I for example tend to loose my form over the hold. I always loose the arch in my trunk, the legs could stay there for way longer. Try not to move once in position.

Yeah, I lose form too, especially in the last set(did 4x36s last week). I don't lose a lot, but there is a noticable difference. And not moving is another story completely :D I kinda figured how to use my abs to work as a platform for my body, and since I don't tend to rock as much, but I still shake towards the end. More work for me, I guess :P