hi,
let me introduce myself:
I'm 22 years old and I've been struggling with my right shoulder for the past 3~4 years (was lifting weights at a gym when it started/developed, no "instant" injury as far as I can tell, i think it could be related to poor posture when sitting in front of a computer for hours)
over the years i had 2 mri's (no diagnosis) showed my shoulder a surgeon (no surgery done, only asked for what he thought of it), and visited 2 pt's.
I also told them about a slightly numb feel at the back ( I think it could be right at the infraspinatus) however no one made a big deal of it so i thought it would be a common thing (i can only notice it if i scratch that area or do something similiar, just sitting here typing this down i notice nothing)
overhead pressing doesn't give me much trouble, like if I'd pick up the 15kg dumbbell next to me and do 15-20 reps i'd feel a very slight irritation if anything.
however throwing a ball or sitting in a slouched position causes more pain, got really tight neck especially at the right side too. (I'm working on my posture in general, I think I got the upper cross syndrome)
another problem is, if I'm sitting there for hours writing something down with a pen my back tightens up and if I stick my head out in front of me I get pain starting from my neck running down between the thoratic spine and my right scapular.
sorry for the confusing post thus far, but my main concern is what i discovered today:
I stood in front of a wall and let myself fall into it, catching my body with one hand. no problem for my left side, however my right shoulder started to hurt after 2 or 3 times. I asked a friend to check if he could see any difference from behind and he told me that my right scapular sticks out when pushing against the wall, and also a tiny bit when I'm just standing there.
Combined with the numb spot i mentioned earlier I'm very afraid that I'll never be able to recover from this due to permanent nerve damage, however i never experienced any numbness in my arm/hand/fingers.
do you think it could be possible to get these muscles working properly? with gymnastics i discovered something that could develop into a new passion and now I'm really becoming desperate.
any thoughts on this subject would be greatly appreciated
edit: just a quick edit because my 2nd post isn't approved yet:
i lacrosse-balled a bit on trigger points across my right upper back and it really changed something. the constant clicking in my shoulder stopped for about 1 hour and the numb area revealed a quite sensitive layer of muscle tissue (at least thats what i think...) under the still slightly numb skin.
I also had much better control during the facepulls I did after the massage. ofc I'm not fixed but I think it's a pretty important puzzle piece to do on a daily basis for my rehab. further input is stil very welcome