This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090227

Started by Coach Sommer, February 27, 2009 · 5 Replies · 1,446 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20090227.jpg

Perform the following:

3 sets of MU, L-sit, forward roll to MU, L-sit, forward roll to MU, L-sit, forward roll to hanging L, Crank, Reverse Crank

3x5 Tick Tocks

Finish with 10 Wall Extensions

notes:

1) Rest at least 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets.

2) Complete all three ring strength sets prior to beginning the tick tocks.

3) Do not allow your arms to straighten during the bottom of the forward roll to MU.

4) The L-sit should be held for 3 seconds.

5) The Reverse Crank is found on BtGB, pg 146.

6) If the above set is too easy or hard for you, please adjust as necessary bearing in mind however that the ring strength series used should be extremely demanding for you.

7) Adjust the body position used during the Tick Tocks as necessary.

Please share the ring strength series, which you performed below.

Nobodystopsdblob

I did my first muscle up from my knees. I did them before over the summer but that was with a really strong kip. I don't feel like I kipped too much on this one but it sure was ugly.

3 sets of MU (high pull up, low dip, descend through transition), L-sit, forward roll to MU (no roll, just MU subs), L-sit, forward roll to MU (no roll, just MU subs), L-sit, forward roll to hanging L (no roll, just hanging L), Crank, Reverse Crank (both tucked)

3x5 Tick Tocks (advanced tuck... ugly) called it quits in the second set. My grip was gone.

Finish with 10 Wall Extensions

(skipped)

Jason Stein

3x

MU, L-sit, forward roll to MU, L-sit, forward roll to MU, L-sit, forward roll to hanging L, Straddle Crank, Reverse Straddle Crank

3x5 Tick Tocks

Half-lay

  • Notes:
    [*:19glsz0d]There might have been some piking during the Cranks...
    [*:19glsz0d]During a forward roll, one does not drop back to a hang, right? Okay, how about half a video clip?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QSHWKWEvJE

Coach Sommer

The forward roll to muscle-up is included in the Basic Ring Strength 3.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Blairbob

missed it on friday because I thought I would do it at home. one of the other coach's asked me if I was trying to train for the olympics with it. kinda funny since she was one of bela's romanian girls in yesteryear.

Blairbob

Made this one up last night 3-3 as I'm a few days behind as I missed it on Friday.

3 sets of MU, L-sit, forward roll to MU, L-sit, forward roll to MU, L-sit, forward roll to hanging L, Crank, Reverse Crank

3x5 Tick Tocks

Finish with 10 Wall Extensions

Used 3m rest periods for ring strength routine and 2m for tick tocks, 5m for DL.

Started off with a few sets of stride swing on PH, swing to HS on PB and SR swing. After a few sets, finally got my SR swing into feeling like I can engage the shoulders. Hurts like hell to turn out so need more back swing. Did some HS press negatives and HS walking, rolling and kick to HS, donkey kick to HS, jump press from kneel to HS.

Still don't have the forward roll into MU. I practiced rolling and maintaining the false grip but that's all I got to. Nearly was destroyed when in the L hang to do the crank ( in tuck ) and reverse crank in straight body.

Did the tick tocks in adv tuck FL and 1/2 lay back. Ugh.

Finished off with DL

1x10 light, 4r heavy, 4r heavy, 4r heavy, 6r heavy, 10 more light. I think there were 4 heavy sets, could have been 5. 10 light SLDL to end on.

Shoulder therapy ( cuban presses, in/ex rotation stuff, db arm circles ) and 10 wall walks.