Around the worlds

Started by Bipocni, October 31, 2013 · 17 Replies · 4,028 Views

Bipocni

How do people feel about these?

 

Bipocni

There's supposed to be a video here.  Anyone else having problems with this?

Christian

There is a video here. I see it no problem.

Bipocni
Christian said:

There is a video here. I see it no problem.

Oh, so it's just me then....

Christian

Should be noted that I am on the iphone.

Ravn

I've used them in the past with a kettlebell, they're pretty good for overall shoulder health, but they don't give incredible ROM - unless your starting point is really bad.

Duff

Wrestlers often use this exercise for conditioning of shoulders and arms. As a part of a circuit, it can really fry your traps. I wonder how heavy dislocates compare to this.

Coach Sommer
Duff said:

Wrestlers often use this exercise for conditioning of shoulders and arms. As a part of a circuit, it can really fry your traps. I wonder how heavy dislocates compare to this.

There is no comparison.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

TANSTAAFL
Bipocni said:

Oh, so it's just me then....

Not alone. It seems to be an issue with the new Firefox update...at least that's my best answer.

Arto

.

Christian
TANSTAAFL said:

Not alone. It seems to be an issue with the new Firefox update...at least that's my best answer.

Looks like that. I can't see the video now that I am on the computer. Firefox.

Murray Truelove

Chrome and I can see no video.

Bipocni

I opened a ticket with cory back when I first started this thread, but he hasn't got back to me yet.

TANSTAAFL
Arto said:

Works for me with FireFox 25.0.

Perhaps it's an add on...hmm. Thanks for the next clue.

Cory Fair

Thanks for the note, working on this.

Bipocni
Cory Fair said:

Thanks for the note, working on this.

Seems to be fixed now.  Thanks.

Bipocni

Okay now that we have video posting issues out of the way, anyone feel like chiming in on the exercise itself?

 

 

Duff said:

I wonder how heavy dislocates compare to this.

Dissimilar exercises.

 

I'm not looking at this exercise in mobility / functional ROM terms, more like strengthening from unusual angles.  I think too much of training is focused on movements in a single plane of motion.  Something makes me thing this would make a fantastic warmup for the shoulders before beginning focused work...

FredInChina

It is a good warm up exercise. :)

Start light.