Bent Arm Press 2 Handstand

Started by jwalker497, October 31, 2013 · 5 Replies · 5,226 Views

jwalker497

This is one of my goals right and I've been working it from 2 different angles.  

 

1) From a tuck lsit on parallettes to shst/BAS and then trying to press as much as possible to raise above a BAS.  However, All I can get to is the BAS position and cant get much higher than that.

2)  Then I've also been lowering from a Handstand and trying to stop in the BAS position.   I have made good progress in lowering from a HS intot he BAS position.  

3)  I may also do a few Headstand pushups with my back to wall using low parallettes.  I cant seem to get more than 2-3 reps though and ive been stuck here for a while.

 

  Is this a good strategy?  Should I be doing something else?  Aside from the progress on lowering from a HS i feel stuck.  

Bipocni

Have you seen Ido Portals gatherings series?

jwalker497

No is that something available online? Or for purchAse?

Bipocni

Just search it on youtube.  They're just a couple progressions of frogstand-headstand.

Handbalancer

Bent arm HS press isnt much more than a handstand /headstand pushup depending on if you are on floor or bars. If you can do 3 freestanding headstand pushups then it shouldnt be a problem at all to go from a tucked L sit to shoulderstand and push it up.

 

If you cant do at least 30 seconds consistent freestanding handstand with good form you should backtrack and get solid on that first.

yuri marmerstein

Balance becomes a major issue when working these skills, and as Mikael said having a freestanding balance is very important

 

If you have decent strength in HSPU and reverse leg lifts either on stall bars or elevated HeS this shouldn't be too much of a problem