This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Adding reps and need help with HBP mastery

Started by Michael17, October 30, 2013 · 1 Replies · 158 Views

Michael17

Hey you guys!!I need help with Russian dips 5x5 HPB/PE11. I need help with the form of it. i have videos of me doing them and you can watch and see how my form is. I believe as soon as you go down and hit the bar with your biceps you should exploded forward with your torso but I use my legs a little bit like I flex them and my core. Can you guys tell me if I am doing them right, or should be no using of the legs. The reason is because my dip station doesn't allow me to keep my legs straight so I have to keep them tucked to my stomach.

 

 

Also since mastery of side lever in foundation 2 I need to wait for foundation 3 and i do not know what to do should I add extra reps until I until I hit 60 even though mastery is 30 per side. Please help me you guys?

Jon Douglas
Michael17 said:

 

 

Also since mastery of side lever in foundation 2 I need to wait for foundation 3 and i do not know what to do should I add extra reps until I until I hit 60 even though mastery is 30 per side. Please help me you guys?

I did regular flag supports (hanging on the stall bars) at 5x30s each side, then went straight to jumping to inverted support until I was comfortable, then side lever negatives to 5x5x5s each, now adding a static hold during the negative. That enough for you? :)

 

 

Michael17 said:

Hey you guys!!I need help with Russian dips 5x5 HPB/PE11. I need help with the form of it. i have videos of me doing them and you can watch and see how my form is. I believe as soon as you go down and hit the bar with your biceps you should exploded forward with your torso but I use my legs a little bit like I flex them and my core. Can you guys tell me if I am doing them right, or should be no using of the legs. The reason is because my dip station doesn't allow me to keep my legs straight so I have to keep them tucked to my stomach.

 

Really minimise use of the legs and core. If you really, really can't arrange bars high enough to do them with legs down then you might want to experiment with the Russian Lsit dips, at least in the negatives, as these pretty much preclude kipping (or at least make it really hard to miss ;)).

A little bit of explosiveness is permissible (AFAIK) but you shouldn't be swinging or kipping up to bent arm support.