Sudden neck pain

Started by Vincearoo, October 29, 2013 · 3 Replies · 1,925 Views

Vincearoo

I woke up this morning at about 8:30 am and then I went about my day like normal. At 10:00am I went to drive to work and right before I went to reach for the handle of my car, a huge sudden neck pain abruptly came about.

I can hardly turn my neck to the right and if I reach my hands in front of me, I can't internally rotate my right side.

I tried to foam roll/lacrosse ball it out by putting it where I feel the knot is, but to no avail.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I have a picture of me pointing to the knot I feel AR my shoulders/back, let me figure out how to post it on mobile.

post-2556-0-87259300-1383068142_thumb.jp

spinelli

Sounds like you have pain in similar areas to me, that being said any advice given over the internet is likely to not be correct. I'd try and rest up as much as possible till the pain goes away, maybe take a hot bath to try and relax the muscle. I'd advise going to see a specialist as sudden neck pain is always a cause for concern. Kit Laughlin has a book on overcoming neck pain, might be worth you looking into.
From my experience I've found that foundation has helped me tremendously, my issues are still ongoing but they are slowly improving. 

Hope it gets better

Vincearoo

Yes, I have both foundation and Kit's main book. Is overcoming neck pain included within the book or is it a separate entity?

I've never had neck pain before, I hope this isn't something continual now like you have. Thanks for the suggestions though, hope you recover fully.

Craig

Overcoming neck and back pain is a separate book, you can get it here:

http://pandf.com.au/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=61

 

It would be a good idea to start doing head tilts and circles in a very gentle manner that doesnt induce any pain, if it doesn't subside soon, go see a professional.