This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Smashing through h1!

Started by ausswe, October 29, 2013 · 6 Replies · 545 Views

ausswe

Hey everyone!

I've achieved mastery for pe2 and now just have a deload week coming up. I messed around with other progressions today and realized I have mastered all the way to pe 5 week 5 and I just wanted to post because I got overly excited knowing that after next week ill already have progressed so much! This is the best moment I think when you see results. My freestanding handstand is considerably improved from kicking up to holdi a poor hs for 1-2 seconds to now kicking up feeling stable every time for at least 3-5 seconds with half decent form and sometimes when I'm fresh I can hold for 10 seconds. Okay done rambling :D

Cheers :)

Joshua Slocum

Great job!

LateStarter@46

Nice one! Keep on  :)

Sol Amarpreet

Same here. Although I seem to have mastered around three progressions after pe3 I still am going to do each one of them for one cycle atleast. i.e. week 9 onwards. This is because they arent more strength oriented as much as seem to be trying to impart muscle awareness which will be needed for a correct alignment handstand later. So ima do them anyways with body awareness as main goal

ausswe

I do mastery sets of each exercises with 20-30 seconds rest between exercises and then the mobility as a warm up. If you truly have it mastered doing a whole mini cycle seems unnecessary use of time. In saying that I tested mastery of each exercise twice through the week to make sure the first wasn't just a really good day.

Sol Amarpreet

Hah same. I do H1 twice a week as well. Bt well yea i have mastered them. Infact they seem quite easy to me since i've been working with Btgb since 2008-2009. Heck used to do planches before Btgb was even released as per Coach's article on Dragondoor. Then moved to WotD for a long time when they existed so had a good starting strength before Handstand and Foundation came out.

Still I dunno just feel like i should do them coz they ll help in correcting my form on freestanding handstands later as years of doing them the wrong way might have given me some bad habits. I think I can go even further than pe6 if i tried. Handstand Wallruns used to be a staple in WoDs, and although I couldnt do 10min of runs straight, used to do 5-7 sets of 2 mins each, maybe less but with good form.

Sol Amarpreet

Also nt implying that you should do them too. :)  Was just sharing my workout detail. I just could never nail the freestanding handstand. Lack of strength in key areas plus mobility most probably were the issues, which are getting corrected now finally.