This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Just Coming Off A Harsh Illness

Started by ChrisUK, October 28, 2013 · 4 Replies · 99 Views

ChrisUK

Hey all,

 

I am just recovering from a very hard on the body illness. It appears to have been the flu + an upper respiratory chest infection + something the doctor's didn't know. I have been unable to work out for the past 12 days now. 

 

Luckily the first week I got ill was a deload week for me before I moved up to the next progressions, instead of a week of harder work so I didn't miss as much as I could have.

 

However I have lost around 11lbs of weight (I started the illness at 131) and much of it was muscle, so my question is should I be going back to previously mastered elements and checking on them, and remastering them if needs be? Or should I repeat a 4 week cycle and work on recovering lost strength that way? 

 

The other option I was considering was moving up to the next progression's and starting at a lower week than I would have otherwise, but that does not seem a good course of action to me. 

 

Right now I still haven't started working out again, but I plan on it today, just been focusing on stuffing my face again.

 

Thanks guys,

 

Chris. 

Cole Dano

Go back and check at minimum, in fact safest bet is just to roll a cycle even two back if the illness took that much out of you. You can however accelerate the cycles as your strength comes back, by testing after a couple of weeks.

ChrisUK

Thanks Cole, that sounds like a safer approach. It would completely defeat the whole point of me doing foundation if I let the foundation I've built already crumble just so I can keep moving forward. :P

Cole Dano

Exactly!

strme

keep going..  you are back strong in  2 weeks max..