This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Weight loss with F1+H1?

Started by Dwan, October 27, 2013 · 7 Replies · 286 Views

Dwan

Hey guys,

 

Going strong into week 3 on F1+HS1 and I had a question. I'm not grossly overweight, but carrying about 20 extra pounds; should I be combining my GST with any other elements to help cut away that extra weight, or will F1+H1 (the 5 day split) be enough? 

 

If it is not enough on its own, I'd be particularly interested in gymnastic-centric methods to lose the weight (as opposed to standard cardio)

 

 

 

Thanks everyone! 

 

Michael

spinelli

Best thing you can do is fix your diet. Try and eat as much unprocessed food as possible. Majority of carbs from veg and make sure you get a good ammount of carbs proetin and fat for each meal. Doesnt have to be restrictive or difficult. I changed my way of eating to this about 2 months ago and I've lost quite a bit of weight, wasnt fat to start with but I've gone from 15-16% bf to 12-13% whilst gaining muscle :)

Bipocni
Dwan said:

If it is not enough on its own, I'd be particularly interested in gymnastic-centric methods to lose the weight (as opposed to standard cardio)

Parkour!

 

But really, standard cardio is actually pretty effective.  Cleaning up your diet is obviously the most important thing, but you should do some kind of energy systems work anyway.
LateStarter@46

Ditto what spinelli says - I've done the same and have leaned up. I swapped breakfast cereals for rice and dahl, and eat much more vegetables. 

 

[i don't weigh myself, nor take bodyfat measurements and so can't give you specific data]

Mark Collins

I am counting calories as I find it purely objective. I am about 13% bf so I am in no hurry. Although I feel every extra kg when doing the bent arm hang.

Jon Douglas
Mark Collins said:

I am counting calories as I find it purely objective. I am about 13% bf so I am in no hurry. Although I feel every extra kg when doing the bent arm hang.

You're not wrong there >.<

Riku Calderón

In just gaining weight :D

 

I´m 185 cm and was 74 kg. My weight class was 70 kg.

 

After i decided to put F1 and H1 priority and do MMA in second I know i´m better fighter (cause my fingers haven´t really tested it)-

 

But now i am 79 kg so I move to 77 kg class next. I feel so strong and confident. For me it has not been the skill rather the strength ;)

Dwan

Hey Everyone,

 

Thanks for the replies! Definitely solid advice. My diet is pretty good overall, I picked up a lot of good eating habits when I was CrossFitting about 4 years ago, before I went to University. The summer I enrolled I actually discovered BtGB and started progressing there, but a double major in Computer Science and Physics plus working 60 hours a week to pay rent, etc., didn't leave much room to continue with anything (including eating right for a while there). I'm excited to get back into shape and then blow past where I was at back then. I'm not super concerned with weight, but, even with the basic F1+H1 movements, at 189cm, I'm already feeling impedance due to mass and long levers; though, at the same time, my strength gains even 4 weeks in have been impressive.

 

Anyway, I do appreciate everyone's comments, apologies for not being more active in the thread! 

 

 

 

Michael.