This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How to count Reps for wrist pushups and other exercises

Started by seanyogalegs, October 27, 2013 · 5 Replies · 186 Views

seanyogalegs

Hello,

Perhaps this has been explained elsewhere, but since I'm new, I haven't been able to find it.

 

My question is: what counts as One Rep for the wrist pushups?

 

As an example, for Wall Wrist Walk, WP/PE1, on the video, the model goes like this...

 

Right Open, Left Open, Right Close, Left Close. Left Open, Right Open, Left Close, Right Close

 

How many reps should be counted in this case? One? Two? More?

 

 I believe this pattern appears in other wrist prep exercises as well, but using this one as an example, perhaps I can find the answer I am looking for.

 

Thanks in advance.

Sean

Joshua Slocum

A rep is both writs down, both wrists up. So the sequence you gave would be two reps. 

seanyogalegs

Thanks Joshua :)

Bipocni

Remember to switch which hand you start with every set!

Jon Douglas
Bipocni said:

Remember to switch which hand you start with every set!

?

You do the same number reps on each side.

Bipocni
Jon Douglas said:

?

You do the same number reps on each side.

I'm going to use fingertip walks for this example.  Say I start with my left hand, I'll push up onto the fingertips of that hand while my other hand is flat.  Then when I push up with my right hand, I'm already on my fingertips with my left hand, and so it's easier.  Since mastery is 5 reps, I'll always have one hand that's working slightly harder than the other one for that set.

 

I alternate everything unilateral, for example xiaopengs or upright lat leans.