This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wrists Cracking in WP/ PE1, PE2 etc...

Started by seanyogalegs, October 27, 2013 · 3 Replies · 152 Views

seanyogalegs

Hi everyone,

 

I've just started the program, and am testing my levels for H1 and F1.

 

When I started doing the Wrist pushups (WP/PE1), i found that I was able to do PE3 without any problems, except that both of my wrists crack when I return to the "Knuckle" position. This happens in PE1, PE2, PE3, and I would guess it would happen in further progressions as well. I have always been able to crack my wrists ever since i was a child. Is this a problem? In other words, should I try and make it go away before moving on to more advanced exercises? PS, there is no pain when it cracks, just a sound.

Thanks in advance,

Sean

Adriano Augusto

My advice is if there's no pain, just keep going. I tell myself everytime my joints crack that (and sound a lot since I began with HS1 and F1 mobility) I'm becoming more flexible; more oil to my joints!

 

If you feel pain then you are pushing too much. But as far as I know, noisy sounds are normal for everyone of us, zombies :D

 

Cheers!

seanyogalegs

Thanks Adriano. I appreciate your taking the time to help with this. So far so good! Cheers

Jon Douglas

There is a certain amount of 'getting the clicks/cracks out' involved in mobilising everything. This shouldn't involve any sort of discomfort, pain, etc, and should diminish over time. If you have recurring spots, you should be able to target it with some smart stretching.