Hey guys so my friend and I went to a gymnastics gym today and I attempted front lever pull ups even though I thought for sure I wasn't gonna get close to them but to my surprise I think I actually did some. For some reason the parallel bars there seem to make front levers and everything like 10 times easier and I have no idea why. My friend who also uses this account has a 5 second half lay front lever and he did a perfect full lever for about 3 seconds on them. Yeah so I can't actually believe I did them this is ridiculous it is so much easier on these than on a normal pull up bar. So am I doing them correct? I think I am but since I never had this level of strength before its hard to believe I can do these but pretty happy with it!
Full Front Lever Pullups Form Critique
Started by Frahebede, October 26, 2013 · 1 Replies · 1,644 Views
Form is alright, but I highly suggest you straighten out the arms at the beginning and when you lower down back to FL to increase the difficulty and ROM. Other flaws I see are some piking and slight kipping from the legs which you would want to fix. You want to make sure the elbows are at least leveled with your torso or lower to be considered a true rep.
Maybe the reason you feel that it's easier on those gymnastics parallel bars could be because they are flexible? You are also using a false grip in the first clip of the video which makes it easier than with a normal grip.