My forward head posture is terrible and sometimes it makes me very self conscious in public. I try to correct it but I also don't want to walk about like I have a stick in my ass. I have tried the thing where you push your chin back everyday for months now with little (maybe even zero) improvement. I know it's silly to think you can correct years of terrible posture with a couple chin retractions but it's still discouraging.
Has anyone had success with this? Are there any stretches/exercises that work better?
I feel like shoulder posture also plays a big role in this. Like maybe I have to push my shoulders back before my neck can find a better position. I'm working on that as well. Visually they remain the same, but I've gotten more flexible in my dislocates and my chest feels more "opened". Slow process for sure.