This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Starting F1 but without access to key equipment?

Started by dsohei, October 26, 2013 · 9 Replies · 155 Views

dsohei

Hi all, I've read the DIY gear threads on the site, but many are not applicable to my situation. I think I can rig up most things, except the pommel horse type station for all the prone leg raising exercises.

Some ppl have suggested a table but I don't see how that would support 185lbs hanging off to one side...

What could I build that could be portable and compact enough to use in a bedroom?

Bipocni
dsohei said:

What could I build that could be portable and compact enough to use in a bedroom?

... A table.  Seriously, it works.

Adriano Augusto

This has been my Pommel Horse since Foundation release. My weight is also 180lb aprox, so...

 

97up0n.jpg

Bipocni
Adriano Flo said:

This has been my Pommel Horse since Foundation release. My weight is also 180lb aprox, so...

For scale, there's a stack of protein next to the table and they're about the same size....

dsohei
Bipocni said:

... A table.  Seriously, it works.

But what kind of table? This may seem like a dumb question but as an amateur furniture designer, it's really not. Plus I don't have space to just have an extra table taking up space unless it can collapse.

dsohei
Adriano Flo said:

This has been my Pommel Horse since Foundation release. My weight is also 180lb aprox, so...

 

97up0n.jpg

So the idea is that your feet are off the floor when hinging at the hips and hugging the table? Damn if that's the case I need a pretty tall table that won't tip over with my weight. Maybe a descent massage table because that can collapse..?

Keilani Gutierrez
dsohei said:

So the idea is that your feet are off the floor when hinging at the hips and hugging the table? Damn if that's the case I need a pretty tall table that won't tip over with my weight. Maybe a descent massage table because that can collapse..

as long as the object is a smidget higher than your knees, you'll be good. because when you lay on it, the only "interference" there should be is when you flex your hip and point your toes, if your femur is longer than what the object is high, you will hit the ground.

 

once you have taken that into account, you'll anchor yourself and make sure it doesn't tip over.

Bipocni
KeilaniG said:

as long as the object is a smidget higher than your knees, you'll be good. because when you lay on it, the only "interference" there should be is when you flex your hip and point your toes, if your femur is longer than what the object is high, you will hit the ground.

 

once you have taken that into account, you'll anchor yourself and make sure it doesn't tip over.

Reverse leg lifts.....

Keilani Gutierrez
Bipocni said:

Reverse leg lifts.....

LOL i havent looked at those progressions in a while! xD #shame
Destiny

I'm doing the leg extension things on a piano bench atm. Not quite sure what I'm doing to do for the leg lifts... I thought about putting it at the top of a stair set but that doesn't seem like the smartest thing to do...