This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pain after overgrip dislocates

Started by David Birchall, October 26, 2013 · 3 Replies · 118 Views

David Birchall

I did these yesterday and I'm getting a pain in my shoulder (collar bone end part: I don't know the correct name) when I rotate my shoulders forward; lifting my arms back behind me causes pain.

It's not badly painful but I was doing the dislocates at very very close to shoulder width and it felt unnatural.

Is this normal or should I be going wider to avoid injury?

 

Thanks for any help guys & girls!

Mats Trane

Go wider and painfree. This is what I think srewed up my right shoulder in the beginning of the summer and I still have some issues.

I even had an MR. The result said swollen AC-joint. The long name is Acromioclavicular joint.

David Birchall
Mats Trane said:

Go wider and painfree. This is what I think srewed up my right shoulder in the beginning of the summer and I still have some issues.

I even had an MR. The result said swollen AC-joint. The long name is Acromioclavicular joint.

Thanks for that - I intuitively knew to go wider next time but was just making sure I wasn't being a wimp.

Riku Calderón

I had this also. I did too much too soon :( now its good.