This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

30 Rep Handstand Wall Run distance from wall

Started by Nash, October 26, 2013 · 9 Replies · 304 Views

Nash

Hey guys,

 

I've been doing these at about 7 to 9 inches away from the wall. Is that OK?

 

 

-Nash

Joshua Slocum

Depends where you measure from. I would try to keep the heel of your palm about 6 inches away from the wall. 

Bipocni

From what I remember doing these the closer you get to the wall the more dramatically the difficulty increases.  When I used to do them (before H1) I would have my hands about the same distance as you, but since this comes in the series after some handbalancing elements I would suggest having your hands closer to the wall.  Keep walking them closer until your feet start to float off the wall, but you can still use it for support, to introduce a balance component to it.  (I might be completely wrong)

Nash

Yeah, I tried at 6 inches and it got much harder! Will keep trying.

 

I was assuming it should be just like the 30 second wall handstand where you can be up to 12' away.

 

 

 

-Nash

Bipocni
Nash said:

I was assuming it should be just like the 30 second wall handstand where you can be up to 12' away.

Can you really?  I would have assumed you had to be 6 inches away from the wall for everything...  Guess I should give H1 another read through.
Jon Douglas
Bipocni said:

"The wrists should be within 6-12 inches from the wall" :finger:

I read that as, "You aren't ready for this element unless you can do it within 12 inches max, and you should work up to 6 inches before continuing." But that's just me.

Riku Calderón

Always with Jon :D

Joshua Slocum
Jon Douglas said:

I read that as, "You aren't ready for this element unless you can do it within 12 inches max, and you should work up to 6 inches before continuing." But that's just me.

That would be my recommendation,