
is this position a correct position to practice the planche? i mean is my back and shoulders in a proper form?(i know the arm is a little bent)
Started by benwin21, October 25, 2013 · 4 Replies · 2,958 Views

is this position a correct position to practice the planche? i mean is my back and shoulders in a proper form?(i know the arm is a little bent)
Here is a great article and pics:
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/5959-scapula-position-for-basic-and-static-exercises/
I was wondering, I see a lot of people say that you have to strongly protract when performing the planche, but don't you also need to depress your scapula? You can't depress your scapula if your protract your scapula hard enough, makes it practically impossible. So, should we focus on full protraction, of semi-protraction + depression?
here is everything u need to know about scaptula position http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBmIKLvDyEU
Yaad Mohammad said:I was wondering, I see a lot of people say that you have to strongly protract when performing the planche, but don't you also need to depress your scapula? You can't depress your scapula if your protract your scapula hard enough, makes it practically impossible. So, should we focus on full protraction, of semi-protraction + depression?
You're right: you can't depress if you're 100% protracted. It's more like protraction + semi-depression; protraction is the more important factor.