This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Chest Pain from HBP/PE2

Started by Aadil Siddiqi, October 25, 2013 · 3 Replies · 111 Views

Aadil Siddiqi

So, I'd moved up to 4x9r on the Push Up, but scaled back to week 1 when I developed pain in my sternum. I then took a week off from the exercise, but upon resuming it, the pain came back. I have read the other threads on chostochondritis on this forum, but foam rolling and stretching have not helped relieve the discomfort.

The parts of the movement that cause pain are:

1 protracting the scapulae

2 externally rotating my shoulders, so that my elbow pits face forwards at the top of the push-up.

I did find that an initial flaw in my form was that my shoulders were a bit behind my hand at the top of the movement, but I'm not sure if that could have caused the injury.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks,

Aadil

William

maybe you did not paused long enough. just scale back to zero and than start with a volume you can train till the pain comes, than stop right then. 

 

When you say pain, is it like a "nerve" problem? Because i have that too, the doctor said the nerve is irritated, can also come from the upper back, because its linked with the pecs.

He just told me to do stretches. But nothing helped till now, but the pain comes like you said just in some positions, sometimes i can make my sternum "crack" quiet and than the pressure feeling s gone for a while.

Alan Tseng

Where are you foam rolling

m6shifter

Did you try laying flat on your back on the foam roller and stretching your chest slightly with your arms facing forward just off the ground. I do this everytime after that PE for 15 or so mins. with other stretches too on the foam roller. Even sometimes sleeping bothers me after this PE .But its my shoulders that take the hit on this 1 with a little bicep and forearms not chest yet.  I would not do any extra chest work if this is bothering your chest. Just F1