So, the gym I practice in is closed Friday-Sunday. I won't have access to any bars. Would it be acceptable to do my curls with a kettlebell or even do the windmill on these days?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Jefferson curls
Started by PrimalMove, October 25, 2013 · 8 Replies · 250 Views
This morning I did them with block weights. I really can't see it making too much difference.
Funny you post this, I was just about to write how these and the weighted dislocates are probably some of my favourite exercises; they take on whole new dimension as the weight rises.
Jon Douglas said:This morning I did them with block weights. I really can't see it making too much difference.
Funny you post this, I was just about to write how these and the weighted dislocates are probably some of my favourite exercises; they take on whole new dimension as the weight rises.
Awesome, I'll give it a go with my kbells then. I did these for the first time Tuesday, and they felt amazing. I actually look forward to this iM.
I hang an ankle weight off a broomstick. When I'm feeling lazy, I just hold the ankle weight. ![]()
I think the idea is just to increase the weight of your arms. This weight pulls your arms toward the ground, which assists the bend of the waist/hips (and pull on the hamstrings) without you having to compress yourself down. Anything heavy you can put in your hands will work.
Used a 36kg kettlebell today. It actually felt better than using a 20kg bar.
PrimalMove said:Used a 36kg kettlebell today. It actually felt better than using a 20kg bar.
I did 2x20kg block weights, same experience. But then again I don't have heavy bars lying around... not really able to compare as it gets heavier.
feels pretty sweet with an olympic bar
edit: especially when you "push" for that last inch with all that weight bearing down on you. #hamstringshriek
I use a pail full of water.
bluebellstar said:I use a pail full of water.
Im easily amused, amd found that very entertaining. I could see it though. When i first started losing weight, i was afraid to go to the gym. So, i started using houshold items like milk gallon jugs, and 5 gallon paint containers filled up with water to do chest press, front squats, deadlifts, bent rows, shoulder press, and farmer walks. Its amazing what can be done when you use your mind for something other than shooting people on a video games.