This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Shoulder Mobility

Started by Paaaaul, October 24, 2013 · 5 Replies · 268 Views

Paaaaul

Hey guys! 

I know I shouldn't be doing H1 everyday as it gets very taxing on your wrists but could I perfom the IM's everyday or several days a week for faster improvement in my shoulder flexibility?  or maybe doing more sets or add extra mobility exercises in my workout day? I know the program is fine as it is and I have no rush at all, but if there is any extra work I could do to increase my mobility faster it would be great! :)

 

Keilani Gutierrez

I've experimented with doing shoulder flexions/extensions daily and i do better with leaving them to be done during H1. so that's 2 days a week for me, i do 5 sets of 10sec flexions during wrist pushups and 5 sets of shoulder extensions between first knuckle pushups and then doing 2-3 shoulder flexion pulses and extension pulses between wrist rocks and fingertip pushups.

so at least thats how i reacted to doing the shoulder daily, i do the wrist stretches in every warm up i do and those seem to not be bothersome doing them daily

Jon Douglas

This is a tricky one; you are working a lot of very small muscles and it can be easy to pinch or twinge something if you overdo it. As a very broad guideline I'd recommend doing unweighted or quite light mobility work daily and leave the serious weights (whatever they are for you) for your real work days until you are very comfortable with the movements and how your body responds.

Adriano Augusto

I also tried to do HS1 every single day, at least mobility aspect (iM's), and I've to tell you... you can do mobility, stretching, limbering, etc... but mobility with weights (in this case, every iM has to be mastered with at least 2kg) it's not something I can recommend... we've dealing as Jon says with tendons, ligaments, and very small muscles and if its received daily impact you won't progress or wrost, get injured.

 

So, take it easy. 2/3 really HS1 sessions each week, and of course, keep mobility done and stretching. By mobility I mean just do dislocates with a broomstick but withouth weights, just the motion. 

 

Of course, this is particular at any person, but based on my experience, HS1 daily is so much taxing for all the mini-things that we've in the body.

 

In my case I could do HS1 wrist aspect every single day because I know how my wrists works and that it's not taxing for me, but every one has to find their balance.

Paaaaul

Muchas gracias!  thanks for the responses 

Mats Trane

Same experience as above speakers. This past spring I had a stick at work and did H1-iM's almost every day and I was not Ready for it.

Now I do it 2 times a week and have good progress.