Okay, so I'm currently experiencing what I believe to be shoulder impingement (right upper shoulder). About 2-3 months ago I had some shoulder issues, most likely caused by not properly warming up and/or bad form. Regardless, I felt like I had almost overcome that issue. But recently, while I was playing volleyball, my shoulder suddenly "cracked" (this happened after a sudden move and I guess "overreaching" with my right arm). Ever since then, I've been having some mild pain when moving the shoulder and a LOT of cracking (although usually not accompanied with pain during natural movements).
No real pain when not moving it, but I can reproduce the pain when doing bar muscle ups, sudden movements or overreaching up with my right arm. And just now I tried some shoulder rehab exercises, the pain is most sharp when I put my hands all the way up in this exercise:
I'll be blunt, I really don't want to rest. But then again, I don't want screwed up shoulders either. I know I'm a horrible human being, but I honestly find it incredibly hard to accept that I can't do any exercises, especially since I just got into training.
So here are my questions in a nutshell:
- Would it be possible to continue my training with pull-ups, push ups (slow ones, controlled), provided that I DON'T feel pain while doing them?
- Would they help the process of recovering, or would they just slow it down?
- Would doing the exercises listed HERE be any good for fixing shoulder impingement?
- If I feel pain/mild discomfort during the REHAB exercises, should I stop doing them or would they help ease the pain in the long run?
- How long does it usually take for a shoulder to fully recover from shoulder impingement? Does it even go away permanently?
Honestly, I feel like I already know the drill - rest / don't do anything that hurts / go to a doctor for a proper diagnosis and treatment, but I still would like to hear from someone who's been through a similiar situation or has knowledge in the area.
Thank you.