This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Is it just me or is f2 easier than f1?

Started by VegVeg, October 23, 2013 · 25 Replies · 961 Views

VegVeg

achieving mastery in f1 looked much much harder, am I doing something wrong? :o

Alessandro Mainente

the average of people are weak in everything concerned with endurance strength training.

F2 easier then F1, i prefer think in a different way, F1 is harder then F2 for people who have lack of foundations, so 99% of population.

Bipocni

I imagine your gains accelerate as your body gets used to the specific protocol of Foundation.  F3 should be even easier.

Keilani Gutierrez
Bipocni said:

I imagine your gains accelerate as your body gets used to the specific protocol of Foundation. F3 should be even easier.

too soon, bro. too soon.
Jon Douglas

I think many people have had the same experience as me-- slow initial progress through the f1 basics, especially the mobility, a spurt of progress as they hit their comfort zone in F2, and then slow a bit to a more consistent pace as they hit their new limits. From then on its genuinely breaking new ground as opposed to regaining mobility, activation patterns, etc.

Have I mentioned I love this system?

dritar

Also many people before F1 where training on the low reps end of the spectrum so they're more used to that kind of work. 

Guest

F1= mostly endurance.

F2= mostly strength based.

strongyetagil3
Jon Douglas said:

I think many people have had the same experience as me-- slow initial progress through the f1 basics, especially the mobility, a spurt of progress as they hit their comfort zone in F2, and then slow a bit to a more consistent pace as they hit their new limits. From then on its genuinely breaking new ground as opposed to regaining mobility, activation patterns, etc.

Have I mentioned I love this system?

This is why I can't wait for F3...

I'm hoping its more strength based moves rather than having to deal with more mobility..not that I don't like it..I just simply like the gains I've achieved now and would like it to not stop. :)

Jon Douglas
strongyetagile said:

This is why I can't wait for F3...

I'm hoping its more strength based moves rather than having to deal with more mobility..not that I don't like it..I just simply like the gains I've achieved now and would like it to not stop. :)

'Deal with' more mobility?

I hope there's more and harder! It's the best part, and the gains feel incredible! :)

strongyetagil3
Jon Douglas said:

'Deal with' more mobility?

I hope there's more and harder! It's the best part, and the gains feel incredible! :)

The GAINS do! (<--Strength that is...) Not so much the mobility at first. lol :D

ausswe

I must say the temptation to go on to f2 is great as I have mastered most of the second half of f1 but not the first half which really frustrates the hell out of me but I know better and increasing my muscle endurance and achieving better activation in things like the scapular will be good for me in the end.

Dam reasoning and patience always gets in my way......

Also, can not wait to see the release of f3 and f4 just to see where things are going and I'm really curious as to the mastery requirements of the final exercises will it be 5x5 or 5x10 or something else!! Who knows... Maybe some will be 5x15.......

Joshua Slocum
Jon Douglas said:

I think many people have had the same experience as me-- slow initial progress through the f1 basics, especially the mobility, a spurt of progress as they hit their comfort zone in F2, and then slow a bit to a more consistent pace as they hit their new limits. From then on its genuinely breaking new ground as opposed to regaining mobility, activation patterns, etc.

Have I mentioned I love this system?

Yeah, pretty similar experience here. When I first started, I didn't even bother doing any PE's; I just did a circuit of all the iM's I couldn't do. In some areas I still have weaknesses to shore off in F1, and in others I'm towards the tail-end of F2. 

Bipocni
ausswe said:

I must say the temptation to go on to f2 is great as I have mastered most of the second half of f1 but not the first half which really frustrates the hell out of me but I know better and increasing my muscle endurance and achieving better activation in things like the scapular will be good for me in the end.

You may be suprised.  After learning proper form and muscle activation at the earlier levels, the later progressions might actually get harder as you learn to do them properly.

Jon Douglas
strongyetagile said:

The GAINS do! (<--Strength that is...) Not so much the mobility at first. lol :D

I mean the gains in mobility too :) the new ROM cramps are 'wonderful'

Destiny

Man can't wait to get to F2 :(

 

Looks like a lot of fun. FL is what I'm mainly looking forward to but bent hollow rocks are killing me, cant even imagine straddle or the full ones

 

Also, those side lever holds/rocks look killer once again.

ausswe

I'm interested to see how those side lever holds are after progressing through everything else. Right now I'm not so great at them but I think after all the other pes they will be cake.

Jon Douglas
ausswe said:

I'm interested to see how those side lever holds are after progressing through everything else. Right now I'm not so great at them but I think after all the other pes they will be cake.

I've had excellent results from the side arch rocks; they aren't killer numbers but they work seriously well and far in excess of my perceived exertion :)

Bipocni
Jon Douglas said:

I've had excellent results from the side arch rocks; they aren't killer numbers but they work seriously well and far in excess of my perceived exertion :)

Is the side arch really that much harder than a hollow or a regular arch?  I'm just trying to figure out why it comes so late in the program relative to the other two...

Jon Douglas

Just different. Its not harder necessarily, wasnt too challenging for me for eg) but obviously works most of the straight body aspect of side levers. I imagine F3 will then move through support, inverted support, tuck levers and so forth to first build the upper body aspect and then integrate it. The end is in sight for this, hbp and manna; not easy but relatively simple. I bet the mobility work is just _sadistic_ though

Alan Tseng
Bipocni said:

Is the side arch really that much harder than a hollow or a regular arch?  I'm just trying to figure out why it comes so late in the program relative to the other two...

Side Lever progressions in F1 are lower back focused.  Whereas in F2 the WIndshield Wipers focuses on rotary stability while the Side Arch focuses on lateral flexion stability.

 

Arch is also for posterior chain while the Side Arch is more for lateral chain

Bipocni
Hmms said:

Side Lever progressions in F1 are lower back focused.  Whereas in F2 the WIndshield Wipers focuses on rotary stability while the Side Arch focuses on lateral flexion stability.

 

Arch is also for posterior chain while the Side Arch is more for lateral chain

True.  Just like there's plank, side plank and reverse plank there's hollow, side arch and arch.  I was just wondering why side arch comes so much later than arch or hollow, I can't imagine it's that much harder....

Jon Douglas
Bipocni said:

True.  Just like there's plank, side plank and reverse plank there's hollow, side arch and arch.  I was just wondering why side arch comes so much later than arch or hollow, I can't imagine it's that much harder....

Might as well ask why pseudo planche pushups come 'later' than pl leans. Treat em distinct but related :)

B1214N
Bipocni said:

True.  Just like there's plank, side plank and reverse plank there's hollow, side arch and arch.  I was just wondering why side arch comes so much later than arch or hollow, I can't imagine it's that much harder....

You have to remember that not everything that comes later is necessarily harder than an earlier PE in Foundation. It's just like with the PPP and dips. They are for different purposes.

 

Edit: Jon beat me to it.

Bipocni
Jon Douglas said:

Might as well ask why pseudo planche pushups come 'later' than pl leans. Treat em distinct but related :)

Except that pseudo planche pushups and planche leans are in separate sequences, whereas arch and side arch are both side lever progressions.

 

But I get your point. 

Jon Douglas
Bipocni said:

Except that pseudo planche pushups and planche leans are in separate sequences, whereas arch and side arch are both side lever progressions.

 

But I get your point. 

Hollow and side arch are not, which are the other ones you mentioned.

PPP and bench dips then, as Brian said.