Hello my friends,
If you would check my form on PE1 I would really appreciate it! I feel I am ready to move on to PE2 next week but would like to be sure. Are my hands too wide in the iM?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by kimura, October 23, 2013 · 19 Replies · 367 Views
Hello my friends,
If you would check my form on PE1 I would really appreciate it! I feel I am ready to move on to PE2 next week but would like to be sure. Are my hands too wide in the iM?
The PE looks good, although you could point your toes more. In the iM your hans are too wide, I believe they should be at shoulder width for mastery.
Yes, are to wide. You've to aim to shoulder width iM1 and iM2 both.
Like this.

Tripod looks good.
Cheers!
Damn... Okay thanks!! I haven't even tried much narrower than that so we will see how it goes!
Also, how heavy is your stick? If it's not weighted it, it needs to be.
Vincearoo said:Also, how heavy is your stick? If it's not weighted it, it needs to be.
I'm guessing it weighs around 30-35 pounds. It's quite heavy. I don't have any broomsticks around or anything
Nice width Adriano! Assuming you have that width, at what weight are you ok to progress to the next iM??
2kg is the standard if I'm not wrong. Of course, is the STANDARD for progressing to others PE, but you've to still increasing weight gradually. Some members said that when you increase the weight on a particular PE mastered, is when you begin to feel SHOULDERS OPENING! ![]()
In that picture I'm doing iM3 with 2kg shoulder width; is funny because I'm still at iM2, but when I mastered iM1 I started to warm up doing the move fordward and backwards (iM3) and in a month I hit the mastery at iM3, but my real work is still with iM2, so more work.
So I should really find a broomstick because it sounds like 30-35 pounds is limiting what I could be doing as far as width
farther along you'll be able to use it, but for starters a broomstick + 3-5lb will be a good starter weight.
Great thanks! I'll have to go broom shopping tomorrow ha
it'll be quite a while before i can dislocate my olympic bar, to think of being able to do 5x5 of those is kind of doing its job of blowing my mind
So can someone still clarify to me what is the job after 2 kg mastery?
Just keep some in your warm up and go how heavy?
I feel like these should be part of a good mobility program forever. Fantastic exercise. I wish I had known that I was too wide a couple of weeks ago though, the tripod is so easy and I would love to move on.
Adriano your hands are even more narrow than the athlete in the video it seems! Nice work. Seems like he is slightly wider than shoulder width
RiQC said:So can someone still clarify to me what is the job after 2 kg mastery?
Just keep some in your warm up and go how heavy?
I started a thread not while go about this, because is a constant questions that I have. But yes, definitely reach 2kg is just the beginning, you've to go heavier along the way. Keep the iM already mastered in order warming up with them and maybe 1 session to increase weight.
For example: iM1 and iM3 are similar as iM2 and iM4 are. So, when you reach iM4 or iM5, warm um with iM3/4 and you've iM1/2 in order because im3/4 are harder and you can warm up with it because you've already mastered then.
What I mean is that the first iM's is just for opening tight shoulders, they're introductory "dislocates", but when you progressing along HS1, Im1 and im2 don't need to do anymore or maybe ocassionally. The important thing is that when you begin to do dislocates, that first motion will be completely mastered because you're doing harder thingS: dislocates. And when you mastered dislocates upright, you've to do them facedown, so...
Same thing goes to bodyline drills.
It's my assumptions because still doesn't exist oficial information about it, as far as I know.
kimura said:I feel like these should be part of a good mobility program forever. Fantastic exercise. I wish I had known that I was too wide a couple of weeks ago though, the tripod is so easy and I would love to move on.
Adriano your hands are even more narrow than the athlete in the video it seems! Nice work. Seems like he is slightly wider than shoulder width
Thanks Kimura. Mark the broomstick with adhesive type has been a great idea and I made a lot progress thanks to it. And I guarantee you that I didn't have that flexibility... just HS1, I swear
Haven't been stated before that mastery is shoulder width + one hand? Or am I wrong?
Fede HD said:Haven't been stated before that mastery is shoulder width + one hand? Or am I wrong?
Yes, as a minimum
obviously that's form and rep count up to scratch too
RiQC said:So can someone still clarify to me what is the job after 2 kg mastery?
Just keep some in your warm up and go how heavy?
Coach said something that the goal is go upto 25lb, if you are stronger 35-45lb.
Jon Douglas said:Yes, as a minimum
obviously that's form and rep count up to scratch too
Do you mean by "scatch" that it is needed to check also form and rep?
However we should aim,after mastery, to shoulder width and 25-45 lbs?
Fede HD said:Do you mean by "scatch" that it is needed to check also form and rep?
However we should aim,after mastery, to shoulder width and 25-45 lbs?
Yes.