So as I've mentioned in previous posts, I've been training for some time doing static holds. I've gotten some proficiency in some of them, but I'm also aware that I'm not the best at programming and that I don't have the experience to prove that I know what I'm doing. My question is: if I was to start the foundation one course and handstand one course, should I also stop doing the static exercises I'd been doing (from what I've heard, F1 is primarily dynamic)? Should I also stop doing the other exercises I'd been doing that were body weight oriented? Also, should I forget about doing additional stretching and consider it unnecessary?
Foundation and static holds/other exercises
Started by Seabird, October 22, 2013 · 2 Replies · 2,105 Views
Hey Seabird, if you decide to start doing Foundation then that should be your focus. It contains both bent arm and straight arm/static strength. You'll probably be working easier progressions than your used to though. I believe some people do a set or two after their foundation work to retain strength they've already achieved.
Avoid extra stretching at your peril! If you're already doing it then continue. If not then start ![]()
Foundation 1 has a mix of static and dynamic exercises. You will see best results in the long-run if you make Foundation your primary focus. If you switch to Foundation, dial-down the intensity of your other work to be relatively low. But continue doing extra stretching.